Each year, Enactus Thompson Rivers competes against 68 other teams from universities across Canada. These competitions take place in a regional, national and international level. Competitions are dramatic, energy-filled events where Enactus teams showcase the collective impact of their community outreach efforts. Students present their projects and are evaluated by business leaders serving as judges who rank them on how successful they were at using business concepts to improve the quality of life and standard of living for those in need.
In our team’s 15 year history, we’ve taken home 34 awards. In recent years, we’ve been able to bring home:
- 2015 Regional Second Runner-Up – TD Entrepreneurship Challenge
- 2015 Regional Runner-up – Capital One Financial Literacy Challenge
- 2015 Regional Second Runner-Up – Scotiabank EcoLiving Challenge
- 2017 Regional Runner-Up – Scotiabank Youth Empowerment Challenge
This year, we are excited to build on this success and continue to strive to represent Kamloops and Thompson Rivers University at regional, national and international competitions. After competing in the Enactus Canada Regional Exposition form March 1st-3rd in Calgary, Alberta, our team went above and beyond. Through the four competitions, we took home three awards, including:
- 2018 Regional Champion – TD Entrepreneurship Challenge
- 2018 Regional Runner-Up – Scotiabank EcoLiving Green Challenge
- 2018 Second Runner-Up – Capital One Financial Education Challenge
As a result, our team will be competing in the National Competition in Toronto Ontario in the TD Entrepreneurship Challenge. Congratulations to all members of the team, and thank you to our sponsors for making this all possible.